Accessing the Healing Power of the Vagus Nerve (fully booked)
In this course, healing practitioners will learn how to restore the physical basis for mental and emotional well-being by working directly with a client’s nervous system. It will be highly participatory, experiential, and focused. This course is for professional therapists and body workers.
The theoretical part of the course is be based on Stephen Porges` Polyvagal Theory. This is combined with unique practical hands-on applications developed by Stanley Rosenberg.
Three neurophysiological circuits regulate the function of our organs such as heart and lungs digestion and respiration. In addition to regulating the function of the individual organs the circuits coordinate how the organs work together to determine our moods and emotional states. Our emotional states, in turn determines our behavior.
We will learn a method developed by Stanley Rosenberg to shift the old reptilian defense systems of fight, flight and shutdown to social engagement, which uses the ventral vagus circuit of social engagement. A functioning ventral vagus makes the person feel safe and they function more optimally in terms of mind, body and emotions.
Expressions of peace and love and optimal health are associated with one of the three circuits: the ventral vagus.
You will learn about the phylogenetic new mammalian vagal system of love and compassion and how to trigger it.
As a participant, you will also:
- increase your understanding of the vagus nerve in the relationship of body, mind, and emotions.
- find yourself rethinking common psychological problems such as anxiety, panic, phobias, borderlines, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder, PTSD, autism, ADHD, and more, through an in-depth understanding of Steven Porges’s Polyvagal Theory.
- acquire the ability to diagnose and track the functional state of the nervous system.
- learn to use simple exercises and hands-on techniques to regulate, retune, and optimize the proper function of the vagus nerve and the nervous system as a whole.
- achieve greater physical and psychological well being through the power of breath, touch, and movement.
This is a must-have, life-changing course for healing practitioners who work with those suffering from nervous-system or emotional challenges which do not respond to conventional approaches. The exercises and hands-on techniques that you will learn move a person deeply on all levels. They can be utilized by the practitioner on behalf of the client, or taught to the client for self-help. You will find the exercises to be a powerful resource and support in your current practice, whatever it may be.
Further topics covered will include:
- the cranial nerves and neuroception
- the social engagement theory
- how to optimize your breathing capacity
- hands-on techniques and exercises to instill the ventral vagal circuit
- and much more.
As a bonus, you will learn several natural face-lifting techniques, how to smile naturally, and how to refine the quality of your voice—attributes that make it easier for clients to feel safe with you and understand you more easily.
This course is for professional therapists and body workers.
Note: Attendance is limited due to close supervision during hands on practice modules!
day one begins at 9:30 am,
the last day ends at 5:00 pm (28 hrs)
Please bring a copy of Stanley‘s book Accessing the Healing Power of the Vagus Nerve with you
This seminar is fully booked! You can, however, be placed on the waiting list.